Sunday, June 22, 2014

Moving Sucks

I'm going to go ahead and make a bold statement here.

Moving is awful and no one enjoys it, and if they do, they are crazy people.

These people are obviously sociopaths.
On that note, Grey, I, and all the kitties have arrived and are pretty much completely unpacked here in Michigan. I'd say that being pregnant made the whole experience even less enjoyable than other moves we've taken, but really, it was equally as unpleasant as the other four times we've moved since we've been together.

This is due in part to the fact that Grey's new job provided a moving stipend, which meant we could pay people to move the boxes for us. Well, to move boxes for me, since Grey is still allowed to lift things that are over 15 pounds, unlike my baby bearing self.

So yeah.

....

You know, I honestly thought I'd have more to say about this topic, but I really don't. Except for the fact that we left behind an entire kitchen drawer that contained my rice cooker, our blender, and several specialty pans, it all went pretty smoothly. I mean, we left Illinois on Monday, and we're already essentially done with the whole unpacking thing today, not even a full week later.

*sob*

I guess if I have any tips that I learned from this particular move, it would be to hire movers if you possibly can, because they are awesome, and pregnant or not, having extra people around to move your stuff is super helpful.

Also, realize your limitations. If you need to sit down, sit down. I had swollen ankles that could've doubled as flotation devices before I finally decided to give it a rest, and had to take pretty much a whole day or two off of unpacking for them to return to human sizes.

Grey also managed to obtain a bruised rib, so we were a cute invalid couple, sitting on the couch, him with a frozen bag of lima beans on his side, and me with my elevated elephant feet, playing Wario Ware for hours because of course the first thing that got set up was the TV and the Wii.

For future references, this is a TERRIBLE game to decompress to. Seriously, there is nothing more stressful than that freaking thumb wrestling mini game. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN, WHY WOULD THE GAME DESIGNERS EVEN DO THAT?

Oh, and check all the cupboards and drawers because you will feel really, really dumb when you realize that with the power of two college-educated brains combined, you still managed to leave behind like $250 worth of kitchen equipment.

*wailing and gnashing of teeth*

If you like my blog, follow on Facebook so you can keep up with my crazy words.
Facebook Page - Plus 1 Life Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment